Summers are here and most of us can’t wait to go hibernate in a cold place. Long vacations to cold destinations are an ideal way to escape the summer heat. Unfortunately, sudden changes in temperature that your skin and hair are exposed to, can cause them to become dry and dull. Nobody wants to suffer from bad hair days and lack-luster skin days right after a beautiful vacation. We discuss some Dry Hair and Skin Tips in this post which you can try at home for naturally fixing your hair and skin.
There are hundreds of chemical products in the market that will help your hair and skin regain its bounce but why spend so much on chemical products when natural remedies can do the job as good or even better.
Here are Natural Dry Hair and Skin Tips that will help them bounce back to their glorious state:
Home Remedy Tips for Dry Hair:
Avocado protein mask for Dry Hair:
You will need one ripe avocado and 1 organic egg.
- Pit the avocado, scoop the pulp in a bowl, and mash it thoroughly.
- Add the egg and whisk till you get a consistently smooth paste.
- Apply the mask to damp hair and leave for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse several times with water (avoid warm water if possible).
- Repeat this treatment once every week till you are satisfied with the results.
Essential fatty acids and vitamins rich avocado helps restore the luster in your hair while the rich protein content of the egg repairs damage and reduces frizz.
Butter mask for Dry Hair Fixing:
You will need 1 tbsp. of butter (alter the quantity according to the length and volume of your hair) and 2 tbsps. of olive oil.
- Apply butter to the scalp and along the hair and massage till well absorbed.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and run a hair dryer over it causing the pores to open up and absorb the buttery goodness.
- Leave the shower cap on for about 20 minutes and then use a shampoo to get the butter out.
Butter, with its natural moisturizing properties and wealth of protein will restore the health of your hair cuticles while rendering a glossy shine.
Coconut conditioning mask for Fixing Dry Hair:
You will need ½ cup of organic cold pressed coconut oil (the quantity may vary according to your hair type). That’s all.
- Scoop the oil in a bowl and warm it, being careful not to boil it.
- Massage the warm oil into your scalp and on your hair and leave it on for about 30 minutes.
- Next, take a bath towel, dip it in hot water (only as hot as your scalp can take), squeeze the excess water and then wrap the towel around your hair just like you would, after a bath.
- Leave the towel on for about 5 minutes.
- Remove and shampoo as usual to reveal deep conditioned hair.
Lauric acid, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids present in coconut oil can help you regain hair health sooner than you think. Coconut oil has the ability to deeply penetrate the scalp skin and cuticles leaving them healthier.
Apple cider vinegar mask for Dry Hair Fix:
You will need 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil and 3 organic egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites till they are frothy.
- Combine them with the oil and vinegar.
- Gently rub the mixture into your hair and secure them in a plastic cling film.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes and then shampoo hair as usual.
Eggs are perfect hair moisturizers and so is olive oil. The apple cider vinegar will help add life back to limp hair and make it lustrous.
Botanical oil mask as Dry Hair Treatment:
You will need few drops each of sandalwood oil, olive oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond oil.
- Mix the oils together and rub the mixed oil in your palms till warm.
- Work the oils into your hair and scalp for 5 minutes and cover with a shower cap.
- Leave it on for an hour and then shampoo as usual.
Botanical oils are rich in vitamins and minerals making them wonderful elixirs for dry and damaged hair. When you are stepping out of your home, just a few drops can add an instant sleekness and curb brittle flyways.
Home Remedy Tips For Dry Skin:
Jojoba oil mask for Dry Skin Treatment:
You will need a wash cloth and a tsp. of jojoba oil.
- Start by soaking the wash cloth in a bowl of warm water.
- Remove from water, squeeze, and place the wash cloth on the face.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and remove.
- Immediately follow up with a gentle circular massage with jojoba oil.
- Let the oil absorb as much as it can and then wipe away the excess oil with the wash cloth and you will instantly notice a difference in the way your skin feels.
- Do this treatment everyday till your skin feels supple again.
Jojoba oil mimics the skin’s natural oil (sebum) in terms of structure. This makes jojoba oil a wonderful moisturizer. The presence of anti-inflammatory properties in the oil will help soothe the skin too.
Sour cream mask for fixing Dry Skin:
You will need 2 tsps. of sour cream, 3 tbsps. of gram flour and few drops of rose water.
- Combine the ingredients to form a smooth paste.
- Cleanse your face and apply the mask liberally on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water.
The gram flour gently exfoliates your skin while the lactic acid in the sour cream moisturizes your skin leaving it supple. Rose water tones the skin and makes it bouncy.
Honey balm for Dry Skin Fix:
- Melt the beeswax in a double boiler.
- Take it off heat and add olive oil and honey to it.
- Combine the ingredients well and pour the mixture into a glass jar.
- Wait till it cools down and solidifies into a balm.
- Use it as often as you like to give your skin, the much needed moisture.
Honey has been known to be an effective humectant. It helps attract moisture to the skin. Beeswax and olive oil together combat dry skin by giving it a high dose of moisture.
Coconut and banana mask for Dry Skin:
You will need ½ ripe banana and 2 tbsps. of fresh coconut milk.
- Mash the banana till its smooth without lumps.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix till well combined.
- Use a flat brush to apply it on your skin.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water to reveal soft skin.
- Use this treatment at least once a week to make sure your skin stays hydrated.
Vitamin B6 and B12 present in banana nourish your skin from within and the fatty acids in the coconut milk impart moisture leaving your skin feel smooth and supple.
Egg mask for Treating Dry Skin:
You will need one organic farm fresh egg.
- Separate the yolk from the egg and whip the white till it forms frothy peaks.
- Use your fingertips to apply the egg white covering your troubled skin.
- Leave it on till it is completely dry (and you can absolutely not smile) and then wash off with cold water.
- Next, take the yolk and gently break it.
- Apply the oozing liquid on your skin.
- Once again, wait till you cannot smile and then rinse with cold water to leave you with skin that will leave you smiling.
Egg whites tighten and brighten the skin while taking care of blemishes and marks. Egg yolk is a natural moisturizer and works great at healing severely dried skin.
There you go! Use these natural dry hair and skin tips and you will never fear long, cold vacations again.