Excited about that exotic beach trip you have been dreaming about?
Spectacular sun sets, warm sun baths and lots of fun, we know you are fully prepared for all this. But are you prepared to look your best?
Let us save you from the frenzy of last minute packing with this thorough beach packing checklist. Just remember to pack everything you need at least a day in advance and you are good to go!
Quick Beach Vacation Packing Checklist:
- Swim suits
- A printed blue chiffon maxi dress
- 2/3 pairs of shorts. You can show a variety here by choosing denims and crochets
- 3 T-shirts
- A pair of white denims
- Denim jackets- beige and blue
- A pair of periwinkle blue pants
- White cotton shirts
- 2 tank tops
- A light sweater (this depends on the weather in your destination)
- Tunics/sundresses that serve as cover ups by day and as going out dresses by night
- A pair of flip-flops
- A pair of wedges
- Trendy necklaces that are classy and fun
- Gold hoop earrings
- Other accessories to complement your outfits
- Hair ties
- Scarves- light silk, pashmina and cotton. Fun floral pattern and vibrant colors add more fun to your look. You can pair them with light colored cotton shirts and tunics.
- A foldable hat
- A clutch for the evening. This can be a sparkly addition to your evening dress.
Lets go and check the detailed checklist with some Fashion Tips and Tricks for the Beach.
Beach Vacation Packing Checklist #1: Clothes
The thumb rule to packing your clothes is ‘don’t pack anything you won’t wear’. It is easy to get carried away while packing, but packing light makes your trip a lot smoother and mess-free. Remember to pack the following to make a perfect style statement:
- Select clothes of light or neutral shades. Fun, vibrant shades like oranges, yellows and blues go perfectly with the beach scene. Don’t opt for dull, sober shades.
- If you don’t want to look flashy, you can choose neutral shades that are eye-pleasing like turquoise, peach, and cream. Remember that beach is a great place to don your floral patterns.
- Another thumb rule to remember is to ‘pack based on occasion’. What you pack changes based on who you are going with and what you plan on doing. If you are going out on a fun trip with your friends, your style would be a lot different from when you are going on a business trip to the beach.
- Make sure that you pack comfortable clothes if you are planning to go surfing or motor biking.
- Don’t carry clothes that are tough to maintain. They spoil the fun.
- To make your job easier, we put together the following beach looks to guide you:
- Pair a printed chiffon maxi dress in blue and white with a pair of blue wedges and a matching handbag. To make sure that your dress keeps the beachy essence intact, select thin fabrics like chiffon and a fun print. Tell us if you don’t turn some heads with your beautiful maxi dancing in the wind!
- A periwinkle blue pant paired with a white cotton shirt. To give the look a fun twist, you can pair it with some sparkly accessories.
- A bright neon tank top with pink short. This look is funky and makes a perfect choice if you are going out with your girlfriends.
- A white denim paired with a casual yellow tee. This look can be give an extra edge by pairing it with a denim jacket. A pair of leopard-printed shoes perfectly complement this outfit.
- Crochet shorts with a matching tee. You can pair this look with a beige denim jacket and pair of flats.
Beach Vacation Packing Checklist #2: Beach makeup essentials
- It goes without saying that you need a good quality sunscreen lotion. Spending time directly in the sun can lead to tanning and other skin problems.
- To give your skin a bronzer-like finish, use a water-proof liquid foundation which is a few shades darker than your skin tone.
- Use a blush that is close to your skin tone. You can use peach or tan shades.
- Use a lipstick color closest to the natural color of your lips.
- Use a lip balm with sun protection (SPF 15).
- Make sure that the mascara you carry is water proof.
- You can smudge your eyeliner around the edges to get a smoky hot effect.
Beach Vacation Packing Checklist #3: Beach Footwear
While packing your shoes for the trip, remember that you need to keep your bag light. Don’t pack everything you see just because you want to match your outfits with your footwear. The trick is to keep it minimal and complete.
Another important thing to remember here is that you are going to walk around on a new terrain on the beach. You want to keep yourself comfortable without having to compromise with your look. Here are a bunch of things to choose from:
· Flat Sandals and Thong Flats: Flat sandals and thong flats come in cheerful colours and sparkly design. They are comfortable and stylish additions to your shorts, breezy maxis, summer dresses and tunics that wear on top of your swim suits.
· Gladiator Sandals: Gladiator sandals are another stylish and comfortable footwear option ideal for a beach look. You can wear them with floor-length maxi dresses and skirts, as well as mini ones and shorts.
· Flip Flops: Flip flops are closely associated with beach look. They come in a variety of colours and funky prints. They look relaxed and classy both while walking on the sandy beach and off the shore. They are especially a good option, when you quite often lack time and have to put on something hurriedly before going out to the beach. They are ideal to make a carefree, no nonsense statement.
· Ballerina Flats, Moccasins, Sneakers and Other Lightweight Flat Summer Shoes: Moccasins, ballerina flats, sneakers or other flat shoes will look amazing with Capri pants, shorts, casual skirts and summer dresses that you wear to the beach. You can experiment with the colours and styles of the shoes to get a glamorous makeover for a fun beach party or a classy yacht ride.
Beach Vacation Packing Checklist #4: Other stuff:
In addition to your clothes, accessories, and footwear, you’ll need the following:
- A nice tote bag that complements your beach look
- Travel size toiletries: Body wash, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, hair gel, hair dryer, deodorant and everything else you need.
- Stain remover wipes
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Your prescription: You might have to refill your stock if you stay longer than planned. So it is a good idea to carry this in your tote.
- A good beach book
- Your gadgets. Don’t forget your charging equipment.
Remember that when it comes to the packing, you are the expert. You know your needs best, so follow this guide to pack in everything you think you will absolutely need. The trick is to carry as little as possible while managing to look and feel your best. Make the most of your lovely beach holiday with a fully equipped tote bag.
Beat some heat!